Questions for Couples
💡 The Best List for Couples to Ask.
Last update: 2021-06-15
Inside this article
As either as a new couple. Or a couple that has been together for years. Asking questions can be a great way to get to know each other better. And can bring two people closer. It's fun to ask questions over a dinner date. Or on an evening when the fire is on. These questions for couples are guaranteed to bring two people closer together.
Be sure to prepare your partner with these questions. Inform them that you'd like to ask conversation questions. And once they're comfortable, ask your partner the following questions. It's advised to pick the questions that your partner feels comfortable with.
Where to Ask These Questions for Couples
It's best to ask these during a nice date. Or when there's free time. And when two people are feeling "bored." Print the list of questions and then ask them together in order to build a stronger relationship.
It can be fun to have a game night, too. Where multiple couples get together and ask the same questions. Do this in a round-table format, sitting in a circle. Have each player answer the question and then move onto the next.
New Relationship Questions to Ask
Great for getting to know someone new. New relationships require questions that aren't too serious. For two people who are looking for someone special, they need to consider getting friendly, first. Try to be friends, then be lovers. That's the best way to start any type of relationship. It's a common mistake to try to jump into a relationship with every ounce of ourselves. Instead, try to learn who the person is. And why they qualify for being in a relationship with ourselves.
- What's your favorite thing about being in a relationship?
- What superpower do you wish you could have?
- What's your favorite movie?
- What quality in a person makes you feel the most loved?
- If you had a bucket list, what would be on it?
- What type of relationship are you looking for?
- What's one mistake that you don't want to repeat in your next relationship?
- If you had to describe your perfect relationship, what does it look like?
- If you could change the world, how would you do it?
- What's your favorite food?
- What's your favorite color?
- In your ideal weekend, what's your favorite thing to do?
- What is your favorite book?
- What's the type of life you envision for yourself?
- What do you believe in? Spiritually speaking.
- Who is a friend that you haven't thought about in a long time?
- Where would your ideal place to live be?
- If you had to pick one, 10 years in prison or 20 years on an island, which one would you pick?
- If you could know the day you were going to die, would you want to find out?
- What's something I could do to help us fall more in love?
- What's your favorite meal to cook during date night?
- Who is your closest family member?
- What do you think makes a "successful relationship?"
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- What's your most embarrassing moment from middle school?
- Do you have a healthy relationship with your parents?
- What do you spend money on?
- What's your favorite sexual fantasy?
- How many romantic relationships have you had?
- What age did you have your first kiss?
- Do you have a career path? If so, what is it?
- Did you ever get written permission to skip gym glass?
- What's your favorite conversation to have at the dinner table?
- What is your favorite song?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What was your favorite subject/favorite class in high school?
- What do you like to spend time doing when you aren't working?
- Who was your favorite teacher in school?
- What makes you feel alive/feel free in life?
- What's one quality that you think I should know about?
Questions About Sex
Perfect questions to ask about sex and romance in the bedroom. Be sure to ask your partner whether or not it's okay to present these questions before proceeding. Some partners can feel uncomfortable with these questions.
- Would you rather cuddle or have sex?
- How soon should couples have sex?
- What's something you've done in bed that you're embarrassed about?
- What's the best sex you've ever had?
- When was your first time?
- Speaking about "good sex," what should sex feel like?
- Tell me one fantasy that you've had in the bedroom.
- When's the last time you had sex?
- What's something you've done in bed that's considered "kinky?"
- Where is the craziest place you've had a make-out session?
- What do you find the sexiest about me?
- Where would you like to be touched more frequently?
Love Questions to Ask Your Partner
Questions that can help to decide what love looks like. Asking about love is a great way to learn more about one another. And can help partners to "see" whether they'll be a good fit together in the future. These questions can illustrate when two partners aren't on the same level.
- What advice would you give to someone else about love?
- If you had to read a book about love, what book would it be?
- What are you hoping to learn in your next love relationship?
- How do you feel "love" from your partner?
- Are you hoping to fall in love again in the future?
- If you were to help a friend who was falling in love, what would you say to them?
- For us to fall in love faster, what type of adventure would you like us to go on?
- Which would you like most: physical touch or quality time?
- Which band or musician would you want to commission a love song from?
Childhood memories can be a great thing. And they can be even more wonderful to share. Two partners should share their upbringing. It can bring them closer together. And can help them to learn more about their past issues. And how those issues might bring challenges to future relationships.
- What song do you think of when you think of childhood?
- What's one really terrible memory you have as a kid?
- Tell me about a time when you had fun with friends as a kid.
- What's the most amount of trouble you ever got into?
- Who was your best friend growing up?
- What were some of your favorite things to do as a kid?
- What's something important from your childhood that I should know?
- What hobbies were you into as a kid?
- What did you think you'd be doing for a living as a child?
- Who was your celebrity crush as a child?
- What did you picture your life looking like as a child?
- Did you ever make a fort as a child?
- Did you read books as a child?
- If you could go back and give your child advice, what would it be?
- Did you play any sports when you were younger?
- Who inspired you as a kid?
- What person did you want to be like when you "grew up?"
- What's something you dreamed of as a kid?
"One Thing" Questions
These types of questions can be fun. For partners, it's a type of "would you rather" question where they can choose one of the multiple-choice responses. This can make it easier for a partner to pick a response and not have to think too deeply.
- What's one thing that you wish you could change about yourself?
- What is one way to help others?
- What's one thing that you're hoping to learn this year?
- What's one thing you think of when you hear my name?
- What is one thing you're scared of, but really want to know the answer to?
- What's one thing you would want to alter about your past?
- What's one thing you would wish for your future?
Questions About Family
These questions to ask are related to each other's family. Learning about family is the best way for two people to know more about one another. Our families often depict how our future relationships will look. Are we recreating what we witnessed as we were younger? Or are we deciding a new path for ourselves? These are important thoughts to have as we move into new relationships.
- What's your favorite memory growing up?
- Tell me about your family.
- What is your family like?
- What does your dad or mom do for work?
- Where are you in the order of siblings?
- What's something you see about your family that you didn't when you were younger?
- How would you describe your parent's love?
- How do you want to be different from your parents?
- What did you learn about your parents' marriage?
- Which person in your family do you admire the most?
- What are your siblings like?
- What does your family do during the holidays?
- How are you and your family close?
- Would you say you have a stronger relationship with your mom or dad?
- What did you learn from your mom?
- What did you learn from your dad?
- How would you describe our future family?
- If you could know if we were going to have a boy or girl, would you find out?
Free PDF Download: Get the full PDF download of this resource right here.
Questions for Couples (Images to Share)
- This or That Questions
- Questions for Couples
- Fun Questions to Ask
- Questions to Ask Your Crush
- Deep Questions to Ask a Girl
- Never Have I Ever Questions
- Questions to Ask
- Most Likely To Questions
- How Well Do You Know Me Questions
- Good Dares
- Yes or No Questions
- Fun Things To Do With Friends
- What If Questions
- Would You Rather Questions for Teens
- Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
- Unanswerable Questions
- Games to Play on Zoom
- Truth or Drink Questions
- Instagram Names
- Random Questions
- Deep Questions
- Truth or Dare Over Text
- Stupid Questions
- Have You Ever Questions
- Philosophical Questions
- Trick Questions
- First Date Questions
- Relationship Questions
- Texting Games
- Topics to Talk About
- Family Feud Questions
- Random Question Generator
- Would You Rather Question Generator
- Put a Finger Down Questions
- Two Truths and a Lie
- Reasons Why I Love You
- Questions to Ask a Girl Over Text
- Road Trip Trivia
- Space Trivia Questions
- Video Game Trivia
- Pop Culture Trivia
- 80s Trivia Questions
- Flirty Would You Rather Questions
- Random Questions to Ask a Guy
- Disturbing Would You Rather Questions
- Dirty Would You Rather Questions
- Gross Would You Rather Questions
- Would You Rather Questions for Kids
- Would You Rather Questions for Couples
- Hard Would You Rather Questions
- Clean Would You Rather Questions
- Trivia Questions for Teens
- Would You Rather Questions for Girls
- NFL Trivia Questions
- NBA Trivia Questions
- TV Trivia Questions
- 90s Trivia Questions
- Baseball Trivia Questions
- Simpsons Trivia Questions
- Batman Trivia Questions
- Animal Trivia Questions
- Cartoon Trivia Questions
- Movie Trivia Questions
- Funny Trivia Questions
- Marvel Trivia Questions
- Lord of the Rings Trivia Questions
- Easy Trivia Questions