Truth or Dare Questions
💡 The Best List of Truth or Dare Questions to Ask Friends and Couples.
Last update: 2021-06-15
Inside this article
Looking for truth or dare questions? The truth or dare game is a classic party game of embarrassment. Groups of people gather to ask one another "truth or dare?" The person picks either truth or dare. And if they pick truth, they must answer a question prompted by the "game head" honestly. Or if they pick dare, they must complete an embarrassing task. Ask the following truth or dare questions to have a fun evening with friends.
How to Play Truth or Dare
To play truth or dare, gather a group of friends in a small circle. The "game head" is the person who prompts the person with the truth or dares questions. As the game head, ask the person to your right, "truth or dare?" The person to your right must pick either truth or dare. In truth or dare, a "game head" can be referred to as the dare-master. This is the person who is asking the dare of the group or of a person.
During gameplay, if the player to your right chooses truth, then ask them a truth question. And if the player chooses dare, then present them with an embarrassing task to complete.
An example truth question would be, "What's one thing you've done that you've never told anyone?" And an example dare would be, "Walk on your hands and knees and bark like a dog." Once the dare or the truth is completed, another player gets prompted by the player who completed the challenge.
Completing the round
The round is complete once everyone in the room has received the truth or dare prompt.
Players cannot "skip" to another player. They must complete the truth or dare questions. And if a player decides they don't want to answer the question, they must complete a dare. And another player will get to choose one of their own truth questions or dares.
The best truth or dare questions are those that bring up intimate, personal facts. And embarrass the player in front of the group. Remember, each player is going to get embarrassed.
Players may decide that playing truth or dare isn't exciting enough. Players can choose to play "romantic" truth or dare. Where inappropriate questions and dares are prompted. Truth questions during this gameplay include embarrassing and s#xy questions.
Breaking the rules
Traditionally, truth or dare doesn't have any rules. Players are encouraged to play with honesty. And if the player doesn't feel comfortable answering the truth question that was asked to them, they should pick dare. Or if playing a point system, try to tally how many players chose truth and how many players chose dare.
At the end of the game, the player with the most amount of truths can win. Or the player with the most amount of dares can win. The choice is up to the group!
How to Choose Truth or Dare Questions
Before playing, print the truth questions and dare questions included below. Review the entire list with the group you're playing with. Ask each player if they are okay with the questions. It's important that each player feels comfortable. Or else there's a risk of players wanting to "skip" their turn. And when players desire to "skip" their turn it can ruin the chemistry of the game.
Review the printed list and cross off questions that the players don't feel comfortable with. Have at least 20-50 questions to choose from before starting the game. The game of truth or dare is a classic party game that can bring joy, conversation, and fun. But only if players are comfortable.
To play romantic truth or dare. Pick the inappropriate truth questions or dares from the list below.
Truth or Dare Questions: Truth Questions
All truth questions are prompted by saying "truth or dare." And then allowing the game player to get asked to pick either a truth or a dare. And if the player chooses truth, then ask the player one of the following truth prompts. The player must answer openly and honestly. Pick the genre of truth questions the players feel most comfortable with.
- What's one part of your body that's never been touched?
- What is the biggest lie you've ever told?
- Have you ever kissed the opposite s#x?
- Tell the group one thing you hope your parents never find out.
- Who's the last person you kissed?
- Who's the last person you had a crush on?
- What's the last thing you posted on social media that was embarrassing?
- What is the most embarrassing thing in your room?
- What's the most romantic encounter you've ever had?
- When's the last time you cried?
- Who would you like to kiss in this room?
- When is the last time you picked your nose?
- Who would you marry in this room?
- Have you ever farted in public?
- What's the worst thing you've ever lied about?
- Would you rather eat a raw egg or raw steak?
- Who are two people you admire?
- Have you ever had a bathroom accident in public?
- What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
- What's the worst thing anyone's ever done to you?
- Tell the group the stupidest thing you've ever done.
- Ever done. Ever done.
- When has someone lied to you?
- When has someone let you down?
- If you were a fictional character in a movie, which would you choose?
Truths for Couples
- When's the last time you p#ed your pants?
- If you could fly, what's the first thing you would do?
- Have you ever started a rumor about someone else?
- What's something that your friends would never expect you to do?
- Who is the person you would most like to meet?
- Have you ever lied to get out of doing chores?
- Have you ever lied to get out of going on a bad date?
- What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
- Tell the group about your biggest regret.
- What is your biggest fear in life?
- When was your first kiss?
- Who was your first kiss?
- Have you ever cheated on someone?
- Who is your celebrity crush?
- What's the weirdest thing you've done with a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- Tell us the most disgusting habit that you have.
- What's your biggest fantasy?
- Did you break up with your last boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What does your orgasm face look like?
- Who would like to kiss in this room?
- What's your most embarrassing vomit story?
- What's your most awkward romantic encounter?
Truths for Teens (boy or girl)
- Who is one teacher you have a crush on?
- What is the worst lie you ever told your friend?
- Have you ever drank alcohol?
- Have you ever smoked a cigarette?
- When's the last time you ditched class?
- What's the worst excuse you gave for getting out of homework?
- Who would you date in our high school?
- Who would you date in our middle school?
- What's one thing you've never told your parents?
- When is the last time you cried about a breakup?
- What's one thing you would stand in line for overnight?
- What's one thing you would never do if someone offered you $50,000?
- On a date, have you ever farted?
- On a date, have you ever spilled on yourself?
- What's the worst trick you've ever played on someone?
- What's the strangest dream you've ever had?
- Have you ever pretended to like a gift you hated?
- What's your crush's personality like?
- If you had to cut off one toe, which one would it be?
- What's one thing you love about yourself?
- What's one thing you hate about yourself?
- Say we didn't have a dress code, what would you wear to school?
- What are some of the things you'd never share with your parents?
- Have you ever had s#x with the same gender?
- Have you ever had group s#x?
- What's one thing about the opposite s#x that you like?
- Who is one person in this room you'd have s#x with?
- Have you ever cheated on a boyfriend or girlfriend?
- What's one thing your spouse doesn't know about you?
- Have you ever had s#x over text message?
- Have you ever filmed yourself having s#x?
- What's the last romantic picture you took?
- What's the last romantic fantasy you had?
- Tell us one embarrassing thing you've done in the bedroom.
- What is one embarrassing thing you like in the bedroom?
- What's the strangest dream you've had about a guy or a girl?
- Have you ever p#ed on your boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Have you ever m#de out in your parent's room?
- Who here would you most like to m#ke out with?
Truth or Dare Questions: Dares
Dare prompts are when the player has picked "dare" instead of truth. The player who receives the dare must act on the dare without reservation. No player can skip a dare unless they have health risks or risk of injury. It's possible to customize dares. Use the list below as a guideline for coming up with additional dares. The dare-master can come up with their own dares if they prefer. It's advised to check with the group in advance. Remember, when a player decides to "skip" a dare it can cause the game to lose its appeal.
- Pretend to be the person to your right for 2-minutes.
- Let the group read your text messages.
- Let someone in the group read your social media messages.
- Try to lick part of your body.
- Allow another player to flick your ear or hand.
- Let the group choose a song and do karaoke to it.
- Make a hat out of paper and wear it for the rest of the game.
- When someone says the word "dog," bark for the rest of the game.
- Choose a person in this room and serenade the person with a song.
- Get a permanent marker and let any player write what they want.
- Try to chew ten ice cubes at once.
- Try to hold ice cubes for at least one minute.
- Give a hug to the person on your left.
- Try to make the group laugh as quickly as possible.
- Do the worm dance.
- Attempt a magic trick.
- Break two eggs over your head.
- Tell the saddest story you can think of.
- Show the oldest selfie you have on your phone.
- Let someone else read a text message to your friend.
- Eat a raw egg.
- What was the greatest day of your s#x life?
- What's the longest you've gone without brushing your teeth?
- Which sandwich would you have s#x with?
- Tell us one of the things that is a "turn on" for you. Something no one knows. The romantic turn-ons.
- Tell the group what stuff you and your best friend do that's weird.
- Open a jar with only your mouth.
- Show us the most embarrassing picture of yourself (extremely unflattering picture).
- What's your worst habit in bed?
- What was your most recent romantic encounter?
- Who is the s#xiest person in this room?
- What's your biggest pet peeve in the bedroom?
- What was the most embarrassing nickname a romantic encounter gave you?
Dares for Couples
- Imitate your significant other.
- Let your significant other give you a new hairstyle.
- Take a shower with your clothes on.
- Reveal one s#xy part of your body.
- Act like a dog for one minute.
- Act like an animal whenever someone points to you.
- Pretend to be your significant other's hands.
- Tell us one embarrassing story about your partner.
- Tell us the biggest lie you've told your partner.
- For a full minute, m#ke out with your partner.
- Choose someone in this room and touch their butt.
- Choose someone in this room and let them touch your butt.
- Let someone make you a drink and chug it.
- Let someone in this room draw on your face with a pen.
- Tell one person in this room you're in love with them.
- Profess your love for your boyfriend/girlfriend on social media.
- Do a prank call on one of your family members.
- Dance for one minute without any music on.
- Only talk to one person in this room for the rest of the game.
Dares for Teens
- Take off your shirt and run around the house.
- Serenade the person on your left with a fake song.
- Let a person in this room write on your face with a permanent marker.
- Tell us the weirdest thing you've done in the bathroom.
- For the next 5-minutes, do jumping jacks.
- Do 50 push-ups.
- Give someone your phone and let them text anyone they want.
- Give someone your phone and let them send a picture to anyone they want.
- Allow someone in this room to make a prank call with your phone.
- Tell the group your biggest fear.
- Pick someone in the group and let them touch you with their eyes closed.
- Chew on toilet paper for a full minute.
- Allow someone in this group to take wet toilet paper and wrap you up.
- Imitate a celebrity every time you speak.
- Depict a human life through dance.
- Stick your arm into the garbage can.
- Allow someone in this room to look through your phone.
- Bark like a dog.
- Like the first 15 photographs on Instagram.
- Name a celebrity that each person looks like.
- For one minute, m#ke out with someone in this room.
- For one minute, let someone in this room touch your butt.
- Pick someone in this room and for one minute hug each other.
- Pretend to be a celebrity crush with one person in the room.
- Pick one guy or girl in the room and give them a massage.
- Allow someone in this room to give you a wedgie.
- Let another person post a status on your behalf.
- Say something romantic to the person on your left.
- Give the person on your right a foot massage.
- Allow another player to throw flour in your face.
- Allow another player to lick your face.
- Put your finger in another player's mouth.
- Flash the group.
- Explain the situation with the last person you slept with.
- Kiss someone of the group's choosing.
Game Play Tips
Before playing, survey the group. Players who aren't feeling enthusiastic about the opportunity won't be as much fun to play with. And before asking questions, consider everyone's history and their relationship to questions. For example, if someone was cheated on. And they are feeling heartbroken. Then it would be best to skip questions related to cheating.
Keep the game casual and fun. Make sure to consider everyone's feelings. Don't make fun of players who completed dares incorrectly. Or are feeling unenthusiastic.
Unique Ways to Play
The game can be played in a number of ways. The classic game is played amongst a group of friends. Each game-head asks the person to the right to pick either truth or dare. Upon the player picking the prompt they must complete it. And then the rotation continues with the group. With the next player receiving the role as game-head.
A unique way to play this game is to have each player receive the same truth. And then each player must pick their own dare. The players should sit in a circle. And from the list of truths chosen from the beginning of the game, the players must answer the question. Once all players have answered the question, they will pick a dare. That player must complete the dare. And the next round starts with the next question.
Another way to play this game is to play it as a couple. Couples who decide to play this game can play against each other. When two couples are present, couples can play against one another. But no questions or dares can be said to the other person's spouse. This is a two-on-two style play. The fun of this format is that one couple gets to learn more about the other couple. There are no winners in this format of play.
Free PDF: Get the full PDF of this resource right here.
- This or That Questions
- Questions for Couples
- Fun Questions to Ask
- Questions to Ask Your Crush
- Deep Questions to Ask a Girl
- Never Have I Ever Questions
- Questions to Ask
- Most Likely To Questions
- How Well Do You Know Me Questions
- Good Dares
- Yes or No Questions
- Fun Things To Do With Friends
- What If Questions
- Would You Rather Questions for Teens
- Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
- Unanswerable Questions
- Games to Play on Zoom
- Truth or Drink Questions
- Instagram Names
- Random Questions
- Deep Questions
- Truth or Dare Over Text
- Stupid Questions
- Philosophical Questions
- Trick Questions
- First Date Questions
- Relationship Questions
- Texting Games
- Topics to Talk About
- Family Feud Questions
- Random Question Generator
- Would You Rather Question Generator
- Put a Finger Down Questions
- Two Truths and a Lie
- Reasons Why I Love You
- Questions to Ask a Girl Over Text
- Road Trip Trivia
- Space Trivia Questions
- Video Game Trivia
- Pop Culture Trivia
- 80s Trivia Questions
- Random Questions to Ask a Guy
- Disturbing Would You Rather Questions
- Gross Would You Rather Questions
- Would You Rather Questions for Kids
- Would You Rather Questions for Couples
- Hard Would You Rather Questions
- Clean Would You Rather Questions
- Trivia Questions for Teens
- Would You Rather Questions for Girls
- NFL Trivia Questions
- NBA Trivia Questions
- TV Trivia Questions
- 90s Trivia Questions
- Baseball Trivia Questions
- Simpsons Trivia Questions
- Batman Trivia Questions
- Animal Trivia Questions
- Cartoon Trivia Questions
- Movie Trivia Questions
- Funny Trivia Questions
- Marvel Trivia Questions
- Lord of the Rings Trivia Questions
- Easy Trivia Questions
- Rock and Roll Trivia Questions
- Mexico Trivia Questions
- Parks and Recreation Trivia Questions
- SpongeBob Trivia Questions
- Trivia Questions for Kids
- Disney Trivia Questions
- Music Trivia Questions
- Avengers Trivia Questions
- Schitt's Creek Trivia Questions
- History Trivia Questions
- Science Trivia Questions
- Seinfeld Trivia Questions
- Hard Trivia Questions
- Sports Trivia for Kids
- Bar Trivia Questions
- Star Wars Trivia Questions
- Geography Trivia Questions