💡 The Best List of Instagram Names and Instagram Usernames for Your Next Account.
Last update: 2021-05-12
Inside this article
Picking the right Instagram name for your Instagram account is an art. Starting a new account means you need to consider what your intention is with the account. What will your pictures be of? What will your theme be? Consider these questions before you choose cute Instagram names to match your account.
Picking the Right Username
When deciding on a username, consider some of the possible variables:
Is it memorable
A memorable Instagram handle is something that will encourage followers. You want a "cool Instagram account" to match what your intention is. For example, if you have an account that's based on fitness, you might want your handle to be @fitgod. That's a simple, short, memorable handle that others can refer to when they come back to your account.
Try to avoid extremely long usernames unless you're trying to go for a trendy, extremely unique Instagram account. At times, social media rewards the oddities and wonders of the world. A handle like @cantyouseeimbusydoingsomethingcool would be a trendy type of "good username."
Match the theme
Before starting a new account, think of what your Instagram theme will be. Is it about fitness, music, flowers, poetry, or other? Consider how your account will represent the username. This will encourage followers to understand what your account is about. Meaning, when you post a story or post a photograph, there's a greater chance it will get likes or views simply because the user remembers what your account is about.
Avoid a name generator
Get creative. You don't have to use a username generator (Instagram name generator) when picking a username. It's better to come up with username ideas on your own. Or ask friends what they feel like some username ideas for Instagram might be.
These types of generators can give you some name ideas and formats to potentially follow. But a cool and good Instagram username tends to come from someone's creative thought process. Or sometimes comes from a unique word that they might have stumbled across in the dictionary.
Check the availability
When you have the username idea picked out, check the availability of the username using a username checker. It's best to try and pick a username that's available across all types of social media accounts. For example, choose a username that's available on Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, and more.
If picking a username for a business
If picking an Instagram username for a business, it's best to use the business name. Don't try to make the name anything different than what the business is about. There's multiple reasons for this. In general, you want the profile to match your business website. And when a user comes to the Instagram profile, it should resemble or represent the business appropriately.
Changing your username
It's possible to change your name and username in Instagram. All the followers that you currently have will see the new handle. If you need to start your account over again, it's best to start a brand new Instagram account and pick a new name and new handle.
If you want to learn how to change your Instagram name and username, follow this instructional video below:
Tips on picking a username
The best tips on picking a username tend to be the following:
- Use a first name of the author of the Instagram page. For example, @jeff. That's a wonderful personal Instagram name. Though, will most likely be taken by someone else.
- Come up with interesting word combinations. Comb through the dictionary and think of the attitude you want the profile to have. Use two words to create a username. For example, @punkbrain.
- Be sure your Instagram username follows your general inspiration and passion for what the profile will be about. The perfect name is something that's representative of the account. Don't just pick something random. Or something cute and available. The content and the username go hand in hand. When users see your posted stories or photographs, they should know what to expect based on the username.
- Stand out. Something super unique is going to be something creative. The perfect Instagram handle will never truly exist. It might be something you have to change based on the engagement with the account (how many people like your photographs, follow the account, and more).
Instagram Name vs. Username
Picking an Instagram name may sometimes be different than an Instagram username. Traditionally, the name of the Instagram account should be your first and last name. If the account is going to be a unique account, where the identity of the author should be unknown, then you'll want the name of the account and the username to match.
For example, using the Instagram username @fuckjerry, this would be a parody account. And the Instagram name associated with the authors profile would then be "Jerry" or even "Fuck Jerry" as the full name.
It's okay for the Instagram username to be something unique and cute, while having the Instagram name be your first and last name. Traditionally, this is how most people end up creating accounts on social media or accounts on Instagram. They want the username or "handle" to be something memorable, cool, exiting, or funny for their friends or family.
Best list of Instagram usernames.
Best Instagram Names
Usernames for Girls
Usernames for Guys
- This or That Questions
- Questions for Couples
- Fun Questions to Ask
- Questions to Ask Your Crush
- Deep Questions to Ask a Girl
- Never Have I Ever Questions
- Questions to Ask
- Most Likely To Questions
- How Well Do You Know Me Questions
- Good Dares
- Yes or No Questions
- Fun Things To Do With Friends
- What If Questions
- Would You Rather Questions for Teens
- Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend
- Unanswerable Questions
- Games to Play on Zoom
- Truth or Drink Questions
- Instagram Names
- Random Questions